Thank you! I reached my Japan Relief fundraising goal of $1000!!!


A huge THANK YOU to you all for your support and encouragement toward my Japan Earthquake & Tsunami Relief fundraising efforts!!

I am delighted to announce that earlier this week, I was able to reach my fundraising goal of $1,000 through sales proceeds of my handmade creations, and I just sent my second donation check of $500 to the Japanese Red Cross Society, through Consulate General of Japan Los Angeles.    The first $500 donation was sent in early May.

My 2nd donation check of $500


When I began this fundraiser in March of this year, I could not have imagined that I was able to reach my goal within less than three months... Without all of your support, I could definitely not have done this... (*in tears of joy*)

After all, considering the scope of the major disaster that struck my home country on March 11, 2011, I know that my donation amount is just too tiny to help those people who are still in need.  But I still wanted to do my part by doing what I like to do the most, which is to make handmade items and by selling them, mainly through my etsy shop.

Thank you again to my etsy shop customers, my friends and family members, and to you all supportive blog readers for encouraging me at all times.   Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

Oh my eyes are getting *watery* again... Arigato!!  ありがとう!!謝謝! Merci! Gracias!  Thank  you!!






6 comments:

Hiromi said...

すごいです!おめでとうございます。Amyさんだからこそ、多くの人が協力してくれたのだと思います。お疲れ様でした!

Anonymous said...

Honey, you did so well and every dollar will so appreciated! I wish I had donated this way instead of threw my husband's work but it all gets to where it needs to go!

PY said...

CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE !!!!

amy / chick chick sewing said...

Hiromi-いつもありがとうございます!確かにこの3ヶ月弱ほどはミシンが壊れるんじゃないか?という位、時間を見つけては縫い続けていたので私もちょっとお疲れ気味ですが(年も年なんで…)でも、Hiromiさんをはじめこうして応援して下さる方々がいるのが本当に有難かったです。ありがとう!

Jeannie-I totally agree with you! It doesn't matter what road we take, as long as all of our donation goes down to the same place for the same purpose... Thank you so much for supporting Japan Relief and my blog ;)

PY- Hello my dear friend from Malaysia!! Thank you for your kind words and encouragement, as ALWAYS :)

Mika said...

sugoi!!
Well done!

You have worked so hard! I really think the blessings will come abundently upon you!

congrats!

Unknown said...

Meeks, domo arigato for your sweet comments!! And yes, myself and my sewing machine worked pretty hard over the past few weeks... but I feel so blessed that I was able to accomplish my goal, with a huge help from everyone :) Mata ne!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails