My patchwork bib was featured in Sew, Mama, Sew! (plus more handmade items)



Ms. Melanie of A Sewing Journal writes a monthly column for Sew, Mama, Sew! and she kindly featured my patchwork bib in today's column at Sew, Mama, Sew! - Sewing Trends and Free Fabric Friday.

Ever since I joined the Internet sewing community a few years back, I've been a big fan of Sew, Mama, Sew! online fabric shop and their fun blog, so I am so happy that my handmade item is featured in their blog! Yay!

Thank you so much, Melanie, for picking my patchwork linen bib from all of other handmade beauties out there ;)

***************************************************

Today, I'd like to show you few pics of my recent handmade items that I haven't had a chance to post here yet.


First one up is a reversible grocery tote that I made using this beautiful floral print in purple/blue tone.  The floral print is from our local Joann store.



Reversible side is blue chambray fabric in home decor weight.   I like the combination of this light denim color and the bright floral print used for the tie ribbons in the center.  The bag will be a gift  to our family friend who lives in Hawaii.



Second handmade item is a small zipper pouch that I made using leftover fabric scraps.  The brown x pink polka dots used here is a sturdy home decor weight fabric.



I wanted to make a small zipper pouch to carry various cards in my wallet.



After I made the polka dots zipper pouch, I made three more zipper pouches in same size and shape, but using the red goat fabric selected by my friend.

These pouches were made as custom order from my friend.



I also made these matching pocket tissue holders using the same fabric.   According to my friend, these matching pouches and tissue holders will be gifts to young girls.





The last item I'd like to show is this flex frame pouch.  The size of the flex frame is 12 cm (4.7 inches) wide.
This pouch is reinforced with fleece batting, which makes it safe enough to carry small gadgets, such as digital cameras and cell phones inside.


I'm not sure if you can tell from the above photo, but I attached a small matryoshka ribbon tape in the side of the pouch. 


Can you see the small matryoshka?


Well... that's it for today's post!   Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of crafty moments ;)

***Love, Amy*** 







4 comments:

PY said...

Amy, Congratulations !I am not surprised that Ms. Melanie had chosen your patchwork bib,since it is just too cute and too lovely !

Wow ! all the above handmade items are adorable ! I especially love the reversible grocery tote .

You had sewn so many pretty stuffs recently. I think I should catch up with you. hahaha!

Wendy said...

Well done you!

You've made some gorgeous stuff, that bag is delicious, love the colour combination.

Farah said...

Hello Amy ... oh its so cute it deserve to be chosen ... another one is blue reversible... I love the neatness you have in your hand... it matters a lot and you are master in it...
hope you like to visit again for a pretty pincushion
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Unknown said...

Thank you, PY, Wendy, and Farah, for your kind words that encourage my creations!!

Being featured in Sew Mama Sew! blog was a surprisingly happy event for me, and I am so happy that I was able to share the news with my fellow crafters and friends online, including yourselves!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails