Handmade apron for my daughter



Last week, my older daughter (11 years) was attending a weekly summer camp that had some cooking activities in the program.   She wanted to bring her own apron to the camp, so I quickly sewed up an apron and a matching drawstring bag for her, using the fabric that she selected from my stash.

As always, she came back from the camp one afternoon and asked me if I can whip up a new apron for her by the next morning...! Talk about rush deliveries around here :p



I didn't follow any specific patterns or instructions to make this one... I simply tried to imitate an apron that we had in our house.  Can you tell that I sewed a little heart ribbon as a "tag" at the front pocket?



To adjust the length of the ties around the neckline, I used this vest buckle that I had in hand.



And here she is... a happy cook with a brand new apron :)



Also, just to let you know that I'm having a sale of selected items in my etsy shop from today, August 1.   Come check it out if you have a chance!

Thanks for visiting, and happy sewing to you all :) 



2 comments:

PY said...

Such a sweet apron ! Lucky to have a mum who is good in sewing. :P

Unknown said...

Thank you, PY! I'm not sure if my girl appreciates for having a sewing mama... She probably thinks of me as her "free seamstress" or something!! Give her mom a break!! LOL \*o*/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails