Reversible library tote bag for a young girl



Our 8 year old daughter was invited to her friend's sleepover birthday party over the weekend, so I quickly whipped up a gift to the birthday girl.

It's a reversible library tote bag with two roomy pockets.

I handmade this hanging bag charm with crochet chains and some pompoms I found in our craft box to go with the bag.


 The colors of these pompoms match perfectly to the bag, I think.


Side view of the tote bag.


And this is the reversible side. 

Actually, I like this side better, with a touch of zakka taste, but I wasn't sure if the newly turned 8 year old girl would favor linen fabric over the pastel color check fabric that I used for the front side of the bag.  Therefore, I decided to call this side the "reversible side".


The pocket is made of this fun Japanese cotton fabric.  Doesn't the ice cream looks soo good?


The bag is a perfect size to carry around library books and other belongings for a child.


And even the birthday card is handmade! 
We made a quick pop up card with a card stock and ribbons.

We hope the birthday girl liked the gift!!


2 comments:

sweetTarap said...

I believe the young girls prefer pink and blue side because the colours are so sweet. (compare to the reversible side).

Unknown said...

Hi sweetTarap! That's what I assumed, too - young girls prefer colorful fabrics over linen! Anyways, thanks for stopping by and hope you have a good weekend ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails