Handmade flower bouquet wreath  ハンドメイドの春色布リース

Handmade fabric rag wreath made by me

This week, I received the most charming handmade floral arrangement from Mrs. Y, my Japanese calligraphy instructor. (Yes I've been mastering the Japanese calligraphy art for the past several years). 


According to Mrs. Y, the flowers were hand picked and delicately arranged just for me, to congratulate the publication of my book! As you can imagine, I was overjoyed to receive such a thoughtful gift, and we've been enjoying the fresh, elegant, and vibrant colored flowers in our house.


...Inspired by the charming flower arrangement gift, I created this handmade fabric rag wreath.  You can find my tutorial of this handmade wreath here.


This is a great stash buster project, and I used bits and pieces of leftover fabric scraps to make this wreath. And guess who was peeking through the fringes?  Yes, Hello Kitty! lol (See below).


The yellow bow brings harmony to the vibrant colors used to make this wreath.


I love the welcoming touch of the finished wreath! And once again, thank you, Mrs. Y, for the thoughtful gift of flower bouquet!!


It's so amazing to see how the flowers really bring happiness to our lives.  Happy flowers bring happy spring! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


***Love, Amy***


kristyne said...

Adorable! So fun. :) xo k

kristyne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy @ chick chick sewing said...

Thanks Kristyne! I love working on these stash busting projects ;D


Related Posts with Thumbnails