Patchwork Journal cover


Journal cover, originally uploaded by chick chick sewing.

Patchwork journal cover made based on the tutorial from the Quilts & Gifts magazine Spring 2008 issue.  I added some original features like the fabric covered button and strings to wrap around the journal cover.




The journal cover is made to snugly fit the 7 1/2 x 9 3/4 composition notebook.  Like this one that I got from the local Staples store ($1/notebook).



When opened, it looks like this with the notebook inside.




Other images (front and back):







I like the finished product, however, the width of the journal cover was a bit too small for the notebook... Can you see the inside flap sticking out from the frontcover?




Next time I make this,  I think I will make it about an inch wider... Yes, a trial and error is the key to success in sewing, just like anything else we do in our lives...!!

2 comments:

shelley said...

happy new year to you too, a! i've really enjoyed all the sewing and stamp projects on your blog...so much so...that i ran out and bought new material and a dozen erasers. i can't wait to finish them. hope they turn out and to run into you more this year. shelley

Unknown said...

Hi, Shelley, and thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy to become friends with another talented crafter like yourself!! And I can't wait to see your handmade eraser stamps... good luck and happy crafting ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails