Made with hand carved stamps

I made these coasters over this weekend.  The project is a combination of my hand carved eraser stamps and fabrics.

My 10 year old daughter joined me while I was stamping and these are her work. The word "OBAMBI" on the coaster is her grandma's nickname, and the coaster will be a gift to her grandma in Japan...



I just counted and noticed that I carved a total of eight eraser stamps last night while we watched T.V. together in our living room...



I personally like this rose and the stem ones the best...



And this one ( the one with the flower in the middle) was the most difficult to carve!  Each part is so small that I accidentally carved off some of the tiny leaves off...  While the hearts were pretty simple to carve.



I got most of my stamp designs from this Japanese eraser stamp carving book.   I like the designs in this book because they are not only cute and simple but they are also fairly easy to carve.


Happy stamp carving and happy crafting!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the stamps you've made! They look really cute:)

Unknown said...

Thank you, plushka, for your nice comments :) Your blog is very inspirational, too! Hope you have a wonderful 2010!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails