How to make a pyramid sachet 三角サシェ作り方


Today, I would like to show you how to make these pyramid shaped sachets, filled with dried lavenders.  Sewing a pyramid shape may look a bit intimidating at first, but in truth, this is a fairly simple project.  Once you make one pyramid, you will be making another one for sure!   Also, even if you don't have dried lavenders on hand to make a sachet, you can simply fill a pyramid with some poly fill to make a fabric ornament for your Christmas tree.  

Please note that this tutorial is intended for PERSONAL USE ONLY!

What you will need:
1. fabric of your choice 3 inch x 6 inch (or 7.5cm x 15cm)
2. string or ribbon for hanging the sachet approximately 7 inches long (or approx. 18 cm long)
3. dried lavender (or poly fill, for making pyramid ornaments instead)
4. funnel (for filling dried lavenders)
5. optional: embroidery floss if you want to add embroidery to your sachet

Step-by-step directions:

1. Tie the string at the end to make a knot.  Place the tied string in the center of the fabric like this, making sure that the tied knot is sticking out of the top.  This is to make sure that the string will not slip off from the sachet. 


2. Fold the rectangle fabric in half to make a square.   As shown in step 1, a tied knot should be sticking out of the center top, like this.



3. Sew two sides of the square together, starting from the side with the tied knot sticking out, then move on to the next side.  When sewing the second side, leave a small opening for turning the sachet inside out and for filling dry lavender.   Seam is 1/4 inch (0.7 mm) throughout.



4. Press the seams open.



5. Squeeze the last side (the unsewn side) and join the edges as shown and pin in place.



6. Sew the edges together, being careful not to sew the string inside.



7. Cut off the excess corners.



8. Turn the sachet inside out.  If you would like to add embroidery, do it at this step.



9. Fill the dry lavender from the opening.  Or, fill it with some poly fill to make an ornament.


10. It's easier to use funnel for filling the dried lavenders.


11. Handstitch the opening with whipstitch to close.



Here, I've made a patchwork pyramid, an embroidered pyramid, and a simple pyramid (from left to right).  Keep one in the clothes drawer, one in the car, and one in your bag! Dried lavenders are natural moth repellent, and its aroma will melt your stress away...



Each sachet is fairly small, I can put it on my palm like this.


I'd like to see your projects if you make one!   Thanks for viewing : ) 

17 comments:

cocostitch said...

可愛いですね!この時期なら綿を詰めてクリスマスツリーのオーナメントとしても応用できそうですね!

Unknown said...

Thank you cocostitch for your comment! そうですよね、ツリーのオーナメントとしても良いと思います。 遊びに来てくださってどうもありがとう♪

PY said...

Cute and lovely ! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hi, PY! These pyramids are quite easy to sew and make great gifts :)

PY said...

I saw a coin purse ,which is exactly the same as your pyramids but with an attached zip.I think a smaller one can be transform into lovely keychain too ! Well, I have one week holidays starting from tomorrow. I plan to make a cute purse ! Wish me luck !

Unknown said...

PY - thanks for the great project ideas with the pyramids. And lucky you to have a week holiday from tomorrow!! I wish you a relaxing holidays with lots of time to sew and craft ;)

mmbiju said...

oh what a beautiful little thing !!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you, mmbiju, for taking your time to leave nice comments here :) Hope you have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this tutorial, i have been looking for something like this for ages! xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you, Anonymous, for your comments :) Hope you enjoy making these cute pyramids!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I was looking for to make Christmas gifts!

Sitti said...

What an easy project. I just made one to go with the quilt and bag I finished for my daughter-in-law. She loved it. Now I have to make more. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hello Sitti! Glad to hear that you tried out the pyramid sachet! Happy sachet making to you♪♪

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the easy to follow tutorial. I have had a great time making the lavender triangle.

Kornela-M. said...

Once I saw something like this, but make with a cross stitch pattern - and was looking for quite a long time for smth similar :) and here it is :)
Thanks <3

Unknown said...

Great idea! I usually sew 6 triangles together to sew something similar. I use different size triangles for different items. Two items that I fill are for a sachet or a catnip toy. The shape makes it very easy for the cat to bat around.

Ginx Craft said...

Thank you for your instructions. They were really useful and I have used the tutorial to make some lavender bags which I have put on my blog http://ginxcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/lavender-pyramids.html I have put a link back to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails