Patchworked flex frame pouches


Hello, there! 

Today, I wanted to share with you about my latest additions in my shop - flex frame pouches.

The exterior of these pouches are made by combining several different fabrics, mainly featuring the floral prints from the "Betty Dear" line from my favorite fabric designer Darlene Zimmerman.  I love these beautiful floral prints!


For those of you who are not familiar with "flex frames", these are the 12 cm (4.5 inch) sized flex frames that I used to make these pouches.   By the way, flex frames are very popular in Japan.



The opening area is approximately 12 cm (or 4.5 inches) wide as shown below.




Flex frames make the pouches very convenient to use.  You only need one hand to open the pouch, with just a touch of a "squeeze"!




These pouches are fully padded with fusible fleece, so it's safe enough to carry your valuable items such as cell phone, smart phone, digital camera, other gadgets, jewelry, cosmetics, craft items, etc. securely inside.




The pouches has flat bottom of approximately 1.5 inch (4 cm) in depth.   With the fleece batting used throughout, these flex frame pouches are pretty sturdy and they can stand on its own like this.



I think these pouches will make wonderful Mother's day gift ;)


And here is just a few update about my fundraising efforts through my online shop sales proceeds...
As of today (4/19/2011), I've raised approximately USD $400 from my shop's sales proceeds, which I continue to plan to donate 100% to the American Red Cross Japan Relief.   I am short of $100 to reach my initial goal of $500 in sales proceeds... which I think is great!!!  

My fundraising effort continues, and here are some of other new items added to my shop recently. 


More Reversible mini drawstring bags in eye catching fabrics...



And this is a newly added padded long zipper pouch in Roses on blue stripes, which is made of Japanese imported quality cotton.


Thank you so much for reading my post, and I just can't thank enough to all of you for supporting my fundraising efforts for Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief, through kind words and encouragements, and through purchases from my shop

*Arigato* to you all, and I'll be back soooon!


6 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the flex frame pouches!

cocostitch said...

こんにちは。バネポの花柄大人っぽくて素敵です。
私も花柄大好きです。気がつくといつも買ってる(笑)今日も、フラフラ~と入った布屋さんでしっかり買ってきてしまいました。あんなに家に在庫があるのに!!
リビングのクッションカバーを作ろうかなって思っています。そうやって集めた布が山のようにあるのですが、、、(汗)
今回はちゃんと作るぞーー!!!!


Amyさんは、もうすぐ目標の500ドルですね。ラストスパート!!頑張れ♪
巾着の真ん中のブルーの布が好きです。可愛い♪
何気にオリジナルラベルも作ったんですね。ラベルがあるとやっぱりプロっぽく仕上がりますよね♪

また遊びに来ます。(^o^)

Unknown said...

Thank you, Ruth! I'm so happy to hear that you like these flex frame pouches, too :D

Unknown said...

Cocostitch, I'm so glad that you like these floral fabrics, too! 私もしょっちゅうですよ、フラフラ~っと入った布地屋さんでいつもしっかり買い物しちゃってます。家にたくさん在庫があるにもかかわらず…。

でも、Cocostitchさんはお引越しされて、布の在庫スペースも増えたのでは? ということはまだまだ布の在庫を増やしても大丈夫ということでは…!? フフフ(笑)。

Farah said...

Hi Amy ... very cute pouches... they are so useful for little tit bits and also for storage of delicate jewellery, or your little fragile things... Very good idea ... Thanks for sharing
Hope you would like to pay a visit to me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Unknown said...

Hello Farah! It is always my honor to receive lovely comments from such talented crafter/artist like yourself ;) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails