Tea time mug rug


Hello all! Sorry for the weeks of absence from the blog :(
 I had been busy... and I can't believe that we're already in June, which means that year 2012 is almost half way over... Talk about flying time!

To me, it seems like it was Christmas and New Year only a few weeks ago... Or even last September seems like yesterday when our girls' new school year began...

But in reality, there are only FOUR school days left till our girls' long summer vacation begins, and obviously, they are super excited about it.  While their momma is trying to finish her pile of work and errands as much as possible before the start of their summer... phew.

Anyway, what I need now is a good cup of tea to relax and rewind. This is a close up of the "tea time" mug rug that I whipped up a while ago.

The word "tea" and the steam lines from the cup are hand stitched with embroidery floss.



For backing, I used yummy cakes fabric and quilted with my sewing machine.





 I designed this tea pot and the cup myself and machine appliqued onto the linen front.

 After this mug rug was completed, I was totally happy with how it turned out, enjoying my cup of tea, looking at all the details of this project... Then I found out that I forgot to stitch around the inside of the pot handle!!  Awww... I did it again!

Can you see the unstitched lines below?


Well, it's too late to stitch these lines now, after the binding and everything is finished... (sighs).




But I guess that's okay, as long as I have my favorite chocolates to go with my cup of tea.

Would you like to join me for a cup of tea and a chocolate, and check out on my unstitched lines of my mug rug (lol)?  You are always welcomed to do so!!!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you're enjoying the beautiful days of June :)


7 comments:

House of Pinheiro said...

Very sweet x

Unknown said...

Thank you, House of Pinheiro! You're so sweet, too!

Wendy said...

It's so lovely! I doubt anyone will notice the unstitched bit, I didn't until you mentioned it.

Unknown said...

Hello Wendy :) Well you may be right! After all, not so many people may not notice the unstitched part, unless I tell them ;P

PY said...

Very pretty.

Amy DeCesare said...

I just discovered your lovely blog from Flickr...your mug rug is adorable! One time I put my label on the back...upside-down! Oh, well...

Unknown said...

Hello Amy and thank you for discovering my blog! It's always nice to *meet* crafty friends through our mutual work like this! Happy sewing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails